Do you want something more unique out of your travel experience? Rather than a one-size-fits-all, let's create a completely customized adventure, reflecting your style and budget. An easy way to get personal when you travel is with customized vacation planning, which can be a private tour (meaning, you’ve hired a driver and guide to explore a destination with your preferences in mind) or a custom independent trip (meaning, many elements—like accommodations, transportation, entertainment and dinner reservations—have been pre-booked for you, each one reflecting your tastes).
Ready to start planning? Ours is a very collaborative and complete process that progresses from our first conversation to your welcome home. Here's what you can expect:
- Consultation - At this stage, we'll lay the groundwork for the final design of your trip. An initial discussion by phone determines exactly what sort of travel experience you'd like, where and when you’d like to travel, and your ideal budget range. Based on our discussion, we formulate some preliminary ideas and suggestions. I'll also tell you about my Trip Design Fee, a charge that recognizes my destination knowledge and the logistical expertise required to plan a trip. It's a per trip amount, which will be communicated to you before any deposits are collected. I assess this on a case-by case basis. Please note that HST applies to this fee.
- Green Light - You give me the go ahead to begin designing your trip. At this time the non-refundable deposit Trip Design Fee needs to be collected.
- Itinerary Design - You will receive a draft itinerary detailing what I have found to be the best options for destinations, flights/trains/buses, and accommodations for any of your desired areas of travel. I will offer a maximum of three different options for each.Tell me how much or how little you’d like to do and I build in the tailor-made excursions and hands-on experiences to make your trip memorable. Once you give me the go-ahead, I start making reservations and confirming arrangements. A deposit will be required at this time.
- The Finished Product - A few weeks prior to your departure, you receive a tailor-made trip package that includes all the need-to-knows about your trip, important phone numbers at your destination, and some of our suggestions for places you might want to discover while you're away. This information is sent to you electronically only due to ecological concerns. Full payment will be required between 90 - 60 days prior to the start of your trip (for last minute trips, full payment comes sooner.)
- Bon voyage - The adventure begins and those well-laid plans unfold. We keep tabs on you from behind-the-scenes, but we also know that you may need our help from the road. You have our contact details at every step of the journey, from the time you depart to the time you walk back through your front door; call upon us any time and we can trouble shoot from afar.
Contact me to start the planning process now!