Save $300 Per Person on an Egypt Odyssey with Goway
Price: $2,789 CAD Per Person
(based on twin/double, subject to availability, current exchange rates and for travel in low season)
Savings: $300 Per Person
2022 Departure Dates: January 15, February 5, March 12 and April 2, 2022
Photo: Exploring Ancient Egypt
This 9-day deluxe small group tour is a true classic designed to give the traveller with limited time a superb introduction to the civilization of Ancient Egypt, focusing on the Nile and its importance to the people.
- Meet and assist on arrival
- Shared arrival and departure airport transfers in Cairo
- Shared arrival airport transfer in Luxor
- Shared departure transfer in Aswan
- 4-nights in deluxe accommodations in Cairo
- 4-nights in deluxe accommodations on board Nile Cruise
- Small group tour of Pyramids, Sphinx and Egyptian Museum (max 20 guests)
- Small group tour of Luxor East Bank (max 20-guests)
- Small group tour of Luxor West Bank (max 20-guests)
- Small group tour of Temple of Horus (max 20-guests)
- Small group tour of Temple of Sobek (max 20-guests)
- Small group tour of Aswan and Temple of Philae (max 20-guests)
- Economy class domestic airfare Cairo - Luxor / Aswan - Cairo including airport taxes
- 8-breakfasts, 5-lunches, 4-dinners
Photo: May of Egypt Odyssey Itinerary
Day 1: Arrive in Cairo
You will be met upon arrival I, after being assisted with immigration formalities, you will be transferred to your hotel. The remainder of the day is at leisure to relax or explore on your own.
Day 2: Full day Pyramids and Sphinx, Egyptian Museum
Depart in the morning for your full day tour to visit the Pyramids, Sphinx and Egyptian museum.
Day 3: Cairo to Luxor
Today, you will transfer to Cairo Airport for your flight to Luxor. Upon arrival, you will be transferred to your ship, your floating hotel for the next 5 days as you cruise up the Nile in an unforgettable excursion, visitors drive to the Luxor Temple.
Day 4: Luxor to Edfu
After breakfast visit the West Bank and the burial ground of the Pharaohs including the Valley of the Kings, Valley of the Queens, the mortuary temple of Hatshepsut and the Colossi of Memnon.
Photo: Cruising Luxor on the Nile
Day 5: Edfu to Kom Ombo to Aswan
This morning you will visit the wonderfully preserved Temple of Horus at Edfu. The temple is perhaps the best preserved in all of Egypt and ranks second behind Karnak, simply because of its immense size. Continue sailing to Kom Ombo to visit the Graeco Roman style Temple of Sobek. Standing serenely on a hilltop, the site offers an incredible view over the Nile.
Day 6: Aswan
Today's sightseeing includes Aswan's High Dam and the Temple of Philae. The Old High Dam was built by Sir W. Wilcox on behalf of the British authorities in 1898. It is constructed of Granite quarried in the Aswan area.
Day 7: Aswan to Cairo
Disembark from your ship after breakfast and transfer to Aswan Airport for your flight back to Cairo, where you will be met and transferred to your hotel for the night.
Day 8: Cairo Sightseeing
Today is at your leisure.
Day 9: Depart Cairo
Breakfast at hotel, check out, and transfer to the Cairo International Airport for departure.